With Christmas tomorrow i have been remembering the Christmases from growing up. So here are a few of my memories...
*picking out our tree and decorating it and the entire house
*arranging the huge amount of presents to look pretty under the tree
*making sugar cookies by the dozens with Mom
*Dad reading the night before Christmas as a "mad lib"
*going to the dollar store to buy EVERYONE a present
*buying Brydon a gum ball machine without any gum balls - you're welcome!
*buying tootsie roll banks for Marc, Brydon, and Kyan like 4 years in a row!
*being so excited to sleep downstairs with my cooler older siblings that i could hardly stand it and yes i really was that excited
*waking up way too early to open presents
*opening one present on Christmas eve and Dad always trying to get Mom to let us open more
*Mom reading the birth of Christ from the bible
*getting my "well duh" poster from Darren and Kendell - which i still have!
*playing with my niece Tiffany and our new barbies all day long
*and many many more
now i hate getting all emotional and stuff but too bad, i am going to share an experience i had on Sunday. we were doing a Christmas lesson in young womens and the first councilor (connie) was doing the lesson. the wednesday before she asked me to share one of my most memorable Christmases. at first i was going to share a story about a family we did secret santa too. but as i started to think about it more i realized my most memorable Christmas was my brother Kendells last. Thinking back i remember him and Darren going in on presents that year and i was so excited to see what my big brothers who i looked up to alot got me. i opened my present and it was my "well duh" poster. i had that thing hanging in my room from that Christmas until Mom made me clean out my room when i got married. and now i have it put away in a box full of keepsake items like blankets grandma dilworth made and stuff like that. as i was remembering this Christmas it made me realize (now remember i am a little slow ;) ) that if it wasn't for the Savior being born in to this world, if he wasn't willing to come to this earth and be mocked and be willing to suffer for me, if Mary wasn't an the kind of woman she was, if none of this happened i would never get to see my brother again. i am soooooo grateful beyond words could ever express that Jesus loves me enough that he made it possible to see Kendell again!!!! Now as you think about Christmas and the Savior being born remember it is not just about that night but about the whole life of the Savior and what he did for us, that night was just the beginning! I wish you all a Merry Christmas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I miss him too...
I remember the "well duh" poster. I can't believe you still have it! I know you hate being mooshy, but thanks, I like to see that side of you... once in a while;) Love you and give the kids a kiss and a hug. Merry Christmas!! P.S. I think that was the year you gave me a million packs of Doublemint Gum!!
well youre welcome for the awesome gift of gum :) i like to think i am getting better at picking out gifts :) but i did help jaren pick out gum for travis as his gift, so i guess not much improvement ;) love you guys too! have a merry christmas!!!
Hi Laurie! I found your blog through Melissa G's, and I saw you already found mine! :) That was such a touching story, thanks for sharing. I hope your family had a nice Christmas! Also, I saw your post about training again...I've just started too! I'm running the SLC half again in April. If you ever need a running buddy, let me know! :)
Thanks for getting mushy. It really is about the beginning of the whole life of Christ and what He was going to do. We can always have those reminders now and then, like your story.
Post a Comment